QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 is a technical error that usually appears when you are trying to open the company file or restore the company file or when you are trying to back up the company file on the desktop. Once the error shows up on the screen, it prevents the users from working on QuickBooks while it hampers the functioning of QuickBooks. All the operation of QuickBooks stops functioning as the error pops up. And the user is unable to work on it at all.
To remove the QuickBooks error 6000, 83 you can read this blog to manually sort out the error on your own. If the QuickBooks error 6000, 83 does not go away even after this, you can contact the QuickBooks help support center to resolve the error with the help of our technical team. They are always ready to help their valuable QuickBooks Users. The error will be sorted in no time without any delay. But, If you want to know about the ways in which different errors like QuickBooks error code skipped 111 can be sorted, then, you can read it on the official website of Intuit on the internet.
Top Reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
The reasons mentioned below are the consequences that led to the development Of QuickBooks Error 6000, 83.
- Multiple users are trying to host the company file (QBW)
- Damaged company file or shared folder
- Network connection issue
- QuickBooks Desktop is blocked by an Anti-virus or firewall program
- Admin doesn’t have permission to access the company file
It’s high time, we know about the reasons that led to the QuickBooks error code 6000, 83. Let us know about the reasons for troubleshooting QuickBooks error codes 6000, and 83. The following methods are listed below which state the ways that can fix the QuickBooks Error 6000, 83.
Method 1: Check for Issues with Backup Company Filename
When restoring the backup, if the backup filename or folder contains special characters, symbols, or spaces, you can run into the QuickBooks error 6000, 83.
For instance, you will need to remove spaces and special characters from the filename “My Invoice $Invoice-.gbb.” To do this, take these actions:
- Launch the File Explorer.
- Find and open the folder that has the backup business file with the.qbb extension in the window that pops up.
- To rename the QBB file, use the right-click menu.
- Take out any special characters, spaces, or symbols from the filename.
- To rename the QBB file, right-click on the folder it’s saved in. Eliminate any special characters, spaces, or symbols from the folder.
- Once these procedures are completed, attempt to restore your company file.
- If you still facing the error -6000,-83 then, continue and move on to the next part.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Tool
Use the Quick Fix My Program, available in QuickBooks® Tool Hub, to fix the QuickBooks 6000 -83 error. Suppose it fails to fix the error, download and run the File Doctor Tool to improve your company file issues.
Method 3 Restore Your Company File From Backup
From the latest backup just try restoring your company file. If it’s not available, proceed with the next step.
Method 4: Test Your Network for Issues
If you still get error messages 6000 and 83, check your network to see if this is causing the error. To do this, open QB on one of your workstations and follow the instructions to edit the Windows host file. If this solution does not solve the problem, continue to the next solution.
Method 5: Manually Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
Try fixing the error manually if none of the aforementioned fixes work:
- Download QuickBooks Desktop’s most recent version.
- Verify that QBDT can operate across a network by checking your computer’s firewall or anti-virus settings.
- Make sure that the workstations linked to your network, known as client PCs, are authorized to access the company file.
- Simply copy your company file to a different location, then attempt to open it. Copy the file back to its original location if it opens.
Method 6: You Use a Linux Server to Store Your Company File
Only if you are familiar with Linux networks will these procedures be useful. Should this not be the case, consulting an IT specialist is advised. If you want to do it yourself, adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Start by configuring your Linux server.
Use these steps to configure your Linux server:
- Navigate to your server’s Linux Database Server Manager.
- Now, set up the directory and Database Server Manager in the Initord.conf file.
- Next, restart your host computer’s QuickBooks program.
- Try to open your company file after you’re done. The error has been fixed if it opens. If not, you must take the following action.
2. Fix Your Host File
To fix your host file, you will need to know your IP address and server name. To obtain the necessary IP address and server name, take the following actions:
- Navigate to any of your network-connected workstations and select the Start menu.
- Launch Command after typing “CMD” into the search bar
- Write “Ping[Name of your Linux server]” now, then hit Enter.
- Write down the IP address and server name.
Now check that every workstation has the correct IP address and Linux server name. The machine displaying the error 6000,83 is a good place to start.
- To shut down QuickBooks on every computer linked to your network, go to File > Quit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Start menu in Windows.
- Look for “File Explorer” in the search bar and press Enter. Launch the File Explorer.
- Now select This PC from My Computer and open the C: drive. Navigate to the Windows folder on this drive.
- Navigate to the System32 folder inside the Windows folder. Locate the Drivers folder in this folder, and then open the ETC folder.
- Find the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and right-click on it. Click Open with, then select Notepad. When it opens, go to the bottom of the file and add the IP address of the Linux server there.
- Now press Tab and add the name of the Linux server. (The files are case-sensitive, so make sure you enter the name correctly). Go to the File menu and select Save. Close Notepad.
- Now open your QuickBooks desktop and navigate to your company file.
I sincerely hope that with this article you will be able to sort out the QuickBooks Error 6000, 83 pretty soon. If the problem still persists then, you can contact our help support number that is available on the website. Your Query will be resolved in no time.