The QuickBooks software is indeed a very useful one for businesses everywhere. But it’s hard to deny the troubles that its various errors cause. QuickBooks Update error 404 occurs when the software cannot sync with Intuit server. The error is also read as the QB update error 404. However, there are ways you can fix it. Given below are some of the helpful troubleshooting techniques to follow.
Table of Contents
Different Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Update Error 404
There are quite many effective methods to resolve this problem. Find the best ones below.
Reset the system settings
Reconfiguring the system settings should be your first step. Follow these points for it.
- Open QB and company files.
- Initiate the process where the problem was seen recently.
- Sign out of your ‘Company file.’
- Now update the windows and reboot your system.
- Go to internet explorer and select the ‘Tools’ menu.
- Tap ‘Internet options.’
- Choose the ‘Advanced tab‘ and ‘Browse‘ present on the settings pane.
- Next, close the programs and hit ‘Save.’
- Press Windows + R keys. Input msconfig and press ‘OK.’
- Select ‘General‘ and navigate to the ‘Startup selection.’ Select ‘Selective startup‘ and hit ‘OK.’
- Reboot the system.
Verify the speed of your internet
If the method described above didn’t resolve the QuickBooks error 404, you should verify the internet speed. Do it by following these steps.
- Launch a website that you regularly open on your browser.
- If you encounter any problem opening it, refresh the internet settings and then try to open it again.
- If you see the message ‘Page can’t be displayed,’ then turn on and off your router and launch the URL again.
- Reboot your system, and then try once more.
- You can also set the internet explorer as your default browser.
Modify the internet settings
Change the settings of the internet by navigating to the internet explorer and opting for the ‘Tools and security options.’ Then do the following.
- Tap the ‘Security tab‘ and go to ‘Trusted sites.’
- Add ‘*.intuit.com*.quickbooks.com‘ as sites that are trusted.
- Select ‘Close‘ and press ‘OK.’
- Sign out of the company file and close QB.
- Reopen the software with the company file and conduct the process where the error came.
Now you can easily fix the 404 error by yourself. The error will not have the capacity to disturb your workflow. But in case you cannot resolve it, connect with QuickBooks customer service as soon as you can.
Source Link – https://www.smore.com/vjbm4